Thursday, January 26, 2012

Greetings, earthlings!

Is there anything more unnatural than than introductions? I've never been any good with them. I miss the days when I was able to walk up to a group of kids at the playground and just say "Hi! I'm Libby. Can I be your friend?" in the sort of fearless way that children can. So instead of introducing myself, I'd like to introduce you to my budding fabric stash, and sprinkle in a bit of what I'd like to do with my blog between pictures.

This is my fabric stash. It's a fledgling, really, only built after I decided to get back into quilting. I've made two quilts in my life. You can see one of them, my second, underneath the fabric stash- at least you can see the back. But see how tiny that is? It just perfectly covers our TV room ottoman. The first one was like that too- same size, same fabric, just purple. So I decided my next quilt was going to be something bigger, something useable. Now I'm planning on making a quilt for my bed. Queen sized, so it will fit on a bigger bed when I eventually get one. I found the perfect pattern- the New Wave quilt by Oh, Fransson!, which will take 19 half-yards. So far, I have 7.

I have discovered a love for 1930s reproductions, and a surprising affinity towards both pinks and florals. I say surprising because I've never considered myself a particularly pink or floral-y person.


I like to buy my fabric in quantities of at least a fat quarter or half-yard. Most of my half-yards are going to go into my quilt, but if I don't know what I'm going to do with a fabric, I like to get at least a fat quarter to make sure it's enough for a future project!


That said, I found the most adorable fabric in a fat eighth, and I just had to get it. You can't really tell from here (it's the last one on the right) but it's really green, not blue. No idea what I'll end up doing with it, but I feel like it will end up in a quilt one day. And that's it for now! I hope you like what you see, and maybe come back to see my next posts 8)

Previously posted at libertybliss.wordpress.com, but apparently I don't like Wordpress!

No comments:

Post a Comment