Saturday, January 28, 2012

First swap!

SWAPPED Jennifer Paganelli

Ever since I've gotten back into sewing, I have been itching to enter a fabric swap. The only thing? I didn't have any fabric to swap! But when I recently finished part of a project- which will eventually be posted, but is still FAR from being finished- and had some fabric left over, I decided to give it a try. I wasn't really expecting anything, seeing as the fabrics I had to share (Jennifer Paganelli, Bellbottoms Mary Trellis & Georgie Bouquet) weren't particularly rare and was still being sold for reasonable prices, so it took me a while to get around to photographing them and submitting the pictures to a few fabric swap groups on Flickr.

Last night, I finally got around to it. And then I went to bed, not expecting anything. This morning, I awoke to someone interested in the fabric on the right, my Georgie Bouquet. I was elated! And then, even more excitingly, right after I finished messaging the first person, another inquired about the fabric on the left. Within a few hours, both of my swappable fabrics had been snatched up. I was so happy. I'll post the swaps I receive once they arrive, but for now I'll keep them a secret!

Tonight I added a few more fabrics I thought were potentially swappable. I didn't originally buy them, but received them from a person destashing, so I don't really know anything about them. They're not exactly my taste, but they're the sort of thing I could easily see somebody else adoring! Check out my fabric for swap here. Who knows? Maybe you'll see something you like ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment